Journal Entry

 Dear Diary? 

Week 6 at NEMISA was actually not bad. 

What stood out to me this week was my drawing lesson. For Mr. Mark's drawing lesson, we learnt about Line Of Action. Line Of Action which is an imaginary line extending through the main action of a figure. We were then given a task to either draw a live action Bucks Bunny or an angry looking Donald Duck. I picked Bucks Bunny and I am not quite happy with how he looks. I can not wait to draw my final sketch of him. I hope he looks better than my first sketch.

For Film Appreciation, we watched a movie titled "Pulp Fiction". "Pulp Fiction" is an American crime film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino released in 1994. The film circles around 4 tales of crime and violence in Los Angeles, featuring the lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster's wife and a pair of diner thieves. The beginning of the film was mostly confusing but I eventually caught up to the plot and I must say it was quite interesting and maybe a little exciting. 

 We did not get a lesson with Ma'am Zelda and Tebogo because the week started on a Tuesday. We did not get any cursive writing. I am relieved and afraid at the same time. Relieved that I did not get any cursive for the week. Afraid that we might get double cursive for week 7.

For Kagiso's lesson, I had to do a Power Point presentation about myself, why am i at NEMISA and who is my favorite Graphic Design. In case you missed me announcing to my classmates who my favorite Graphic Designer is, drum roll please......... It is Vlad Sepetov. Vlad Sepetov has worked as a art director, producer, photographer and creative director on many album covers, creative campaigns and he has directed and produced a variety of music videos. He is well-known for his contributions to Kendrick Lamar's music videos and album art, specifically for "To pump a Butterfly" and " DAMN". My obsession over Kendrick Lamar led me to Vlad Sepetov. His innovative visual style and storytelling techniques are what inspires me the most about him. 

To wrap up my week, I went to go watch a friend play rugby. Which was an amazing experience. Watching him and supporting him was really great. Later that day I went to go watch a Neo Sol band perform live with a friend at a coffee bar and that was just the cherry on top. The performance, the music and the food were so good. Everything about my Saturday, from the rugby match to the live band performing felt like a nice dream that I did not want to wake up from.  


A picture I took of the sign of the coffee bar. 










Comments

  1. I love bars, especially when they are open and the bartender knows what they are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I recall reading Sepetov's name on Oxymoron's credits. He's a graphic designer? I thought he was a music producer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Entry

I have a dream ......

Journal Entry