Journal Entry


Dear Diary

My first week at Nemisa, I experienced a bit of chaos. Adjusting to a new environment and meeting new people was a challenge, but it wasn't too difficult for me. The learning process has been great, especially in my drawing class where I'm learning about shading and how it creates texture, tone, and shape. Although the shading process is tedious, the end results are pretty good. My drawing teacher, Mr. Mark, is really nice and patient with us.


In Ma'am Sibongile's class, I had my first assessment, which was to create a Concept Workbook about what art or design means to me. I was quite anxious about it, being my first assessment, and I put a lot of pressure on myself to do a great job. I hope I did well.


For my first film appreciation class we watched a movie called The Requiem For A Dream. The meaning of the word Requiem is a sacred composition that sets to music religious texts which would be appropriate at a funeral, or to describe such compositions as eulogys but in song. I am traumatized by the film's ability to be so realistic and yet still unpleasant, to say the least.


I also learned about the word "etiquette" and its importance in public spaces. It teaches us how to conduct ourselves around people and what to do and not to do. Surprisingly, I found it interesting and less boring. I look forward to observing how my classmates and teachers demonstrate etiquette every day. The ways of doing things appropriately in society that I am, and will continue instilling in my day-to-day life. I think etiquette should be taught to kids so that they can grow into it and live by it.



 

Comments

  1. this perfectly captures that first week of college experience especially coming fresh outta high school, environment change is one heck of a change and it can be pretty hard to get used to said change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a perfect description of what happened the past week. Perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit it right on the nail fasho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not enough people have etiquette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have a dream ......

Journal Entry